Ability Fest is a charity committed to providing an annual event that focuses on promoting opportunities for all disabled people. As a charity we rely on support from partners and organisations providing services within the disability sector.
- Ability Fest the charity was set up in 1999 by a group of practitioners working in support agencies. The aim was to give disabled adults, families, carers and professional staff a chance to find out about educational, volunteering, leisure and employement opportunities in the West of Scotland.
- The Ability Fest event is the No. 1 annual event which offers unique benefits to the disabled community, employers and support organisations in Glasgow, the West of Scotland and surrounding areas.
- There have been nine Ability Fest events since 1999 - each one bigger and better than the last!
- Ability Fest 2012 is coordinated by GCIL (Glasgow Centre for Inclusive Living)
What are our aims?
- To promote social inclusion by raising awareness about disability issues relating to lifelong learning, education, training and employment.
- To act as a focus for networking among agencies that support disabled people to take up learning, employment and leisure opportunities.
- To enable and encourage discussion , networking and information dissemination between disabled people and support organisations.